Firmware 7.31 is recommended for all Continuums with the internal sound engine.
Version 7.31 Bundles
May 01, 2015
This update also has new capabilities for Continuum performance and EaganMatrix sound design as outlined in the Change Log below.
- This update will overwrite the presets currently in your Continuum. If you need to retain your existing presets, save them to disk using your existing Continuum Editor before updating.
- A video that goes through the update procedure from v6 to v7 can be found here.
- If your Continuum Fingerboard is running firmware 5 or 6, download the Mac or PC bundle below, then download this file and follow the enclosed instructions.
- If your Continuum Fingerboard is running firmware prior to version 5.00, download this file and follow the enclosed instructions.
- If your Continuum Fingerboard is running firmware prior to version 3.28 (programmed before November 26, 2008), you may need to contact Haken Audio for a one-time update procedure that is not included in the Continuum User Guide's Section 5.
Mac Bundle (211 MB) - ZIP file which includes firmware, user guides, Continuum Editor, additional presets. If you have an issue opening this Editor on a Mac running Yosemite you need to perform a temporary security level change as outlined in this video.
PC Bundle (158 MB) - ZIP file which includes firmware, user guides, Continuum Editor, additional presets.
Current User Guides
Continuum User's Guide
EaganMatrix User's Guide
CEE User's Guide
CVC User's Guide
7.31 May 01 2015)
- Fixes to Replace/Perserve menus on Midi and Global Settings page. Fixes to Electric Guitar presets.
7.30 (April 24 2015)
- Addition of a deflation parameter in the BiqBank, BiqMode, BiqMouth, and ModMan modules that eliminates possible filter explosions (settings from 0 min to 7 max).
Refinements to menu appearances in the Continuum Editor.
- Base Polyphony Menu: Option to avoid polyphony tripling when CEE is present
- Formula X, Y, and Z Component: Derivative Mode
- Ancillary Domain Menu: Evaluate Using Voice 1's WXYZ
- Ancillary Operator Menu:Crossing Detect
- Ancillary Unit Menu: "Convert nn to kHz" or "No Unit Conversion"
- Relative Midi Controllers for Pedals and Tweak (Channel 14)
- Midi and Global Settings: Factory Calibration in the Utilities menu
- Support for Beatstep as a controller.
- User Guide has new Section 6: Connections to External Equipment.
New EaganMatrix sounds: Bagpipes, Dolce Cristallo, Genie Bottle, Mountain Slider
7.10 (November 23 2014)
- Fixes to errors in 7.02
Additional sounds in progress available in the Continuum Editor>Archives>InProgress folder.
Known visual issue with Continuum Editor pop-up menus. Appearance is dark.
7.02 (September 6 2014)
- Fixes to errors in 7.01
7.01 (August 31 2014)
- New System Presets
- New Synthesis Technique
- New Surface Display
- More Formulas
- Now from A to V
- More Filters and Oscillators
- Up to 5 of each.
- User Presets and Groups
- Expanded to 16
- Calibration Change
- Simple calibration procedure.
- Numerous other changes
Version 6 Change Log here
Version 5 Change Log here
Version 4 Change Log here